Wind turbine and blade inspections
Giant rotor blades of the wind farms that consist of composite materials often reveal minor flaws which are difficult to find using conventional methods. These material defects resulted in disastrous damages in the past threatening lives and reducing public trust which limited the chances of further development.
Service and maintaining a good state of repair of a wind farm is the essential part of the total costs of electricity generation in the wind power production. We want to offer you a precise inspection of the wind turbines rotor blades. We are able to prepare a footage in a fast and safe way which allows you to define the rotor blades’ condition and plan possible repairs.
In order to achieve that, we use GPS-guided drones with a reliable positioning system and camera stabilizer. The UltraHD 4K camera images allow spotting of even the tiniest damages with no human presence on the wind turbine.Moreover, drone-made inspection significantly reduces the time of the turbine’s stoppage. ONE HOUR is enough time for the drone to examine the turbine.In relation to inspections carried out by people it extends the turbine’s working time for 5 hours on average for each inspection. By applying our drones, rapid detection of all potential defects is possible and a well-working wind turbine means lower running costs and increased safety.
Why choose us?
- Rotor blades and towers inspections on the onshore and offshore wind farms throughout Europe,
- UltraHD 4K video image quality with live video feed,
- Recording the video material from the conducted inspection for further analysis,
- Image analysis conducted by a trained team of engineers,
- Option of supporting wind turbine inspections from the level of the underwater ROVs,
- Full professional pilot service in the place of inspection,
- Full professional pilots’ team trained in the safety area on location,
- In case of emergency, thanks to our fleet of planes and helicopters we are able to get to any location in Europe within a few hours..Drone inspection advantages:
- Safety – UltraHD 4K quality up close image without a man’s presence onto the wind turbine,
- Time saving – The system’s mobility and its ability to rapidly analyse gathered data reduces the time of defect detection and repair to a minimum,
- Cost saving – Drone usage reduces the time of the rotor blades stoppage in comparison with traditional inspection. A complete inspection of the rotor blades takes only 1-2 hours.
- Detailed inspection – Due to an advanced thermal system we are able to detect a defect inside of the rotor blade caused by eg. lightning strike,
- High productivity– Low costs and short time of taking photos make for the most effective way of wind turbines’ rotor blades inspection.
- High quality inspection– our trained pilots are able to fly very close to the inspected object. Together with our engineers’ knowledge we are able to rapidly locate and diagnose even a thermal related problem.
Drone inspection disadvantages:
- Short flying time – short flying time due to low battery durability requires coming back to the starting point every 15-25 minutes. However, we have many of them and the battery change takes less than 5 minutes so we can effectively ensure the consistency of inspections,
- Weather restrictions – considering relatively low weight of the drone and considerable amount of electronic elements we must not fly when the wind’s speed exceeds 18 m/s, when it’s raining or snowing.